Ryking Ocean Racing is a sailing team racing the spectacular races of the planet. It is formed by swedish extreme offshore sailor Mikael Ryking, currently sailing his Talanta in the French dominated Class 40 circus.
The current project started in 2015 with the aim of being the first Swedish solo sailor to compete in the legendary Route du Rhum – Solo across the Atlantic from Saint Malo in France to Guadeloupe in the Caribbean. Today, 35 000 nautical miles later, we are well prepared to take the challenge!
Some highlights from this fantastic journey are:
- 4th in ARC Racing Division 2015 despite breaking both rudders
- 2nd in Caribbean 600 2016, Class 40
- Quebec – Saint Malo race 2016, Class 40
- Winner Middle Sea Race 2016, Class 40
- Swedish Offshore Sailor of the Year 2016
- World Transatlantic Record Bermuda to Plymouth 2017
- Winner ARC Racing Division 2017, IRC
The project is not only about the spectacular races. It is also an Offshore Academy, taking sailors to new levels and challenges.
Check us out in social media – like, follow, share!